We are pleased to announce that we are moving to Phase 2 of SOSC’s Sports & Programs Return to Activity Plan starting January 18, 2022. Sports staff will work with teams on specific start dates based on facility availability and athlete/volunteer clearances to participate. A separate announcement about Return to Activity for fundraising is forthcoming.
What does this mean?
- Athletes and coaches can train in group settings of up to 50 persons. Actual start dates for each team will be driven by facility availability, and athlete/volunteer clearances to participate. Athletes, please contact your coaches for information about practices.
- Activities will include Team Wellness, Athletics, Swimming, and Bocce. We will also offer individual skills in Basketball and Flag Football.
- Emphasis of Phase 2 will be on general fitness, skills development through organized practices and local competition in the form of scrimmages.
- Please visit sosc.org/rta for additional information about Return to Activity.
- For athletes and coaches who are not ready to return to in-person activity, we will continue offering virtual events and activities. Learn more at sosc.org/hlc.
Please note: We are optimistic in moving to Phase 2, and we will continue to keep the health and safety of athletes, volunteers, and employees as our number one priority. We will monitor information from trusted health authorities and will adjust our plans as merited by that information. If new information emerges in the coming weeks that would cause us to remain in Phase 1, we will do so and notify athletes and supporters immediately.
How do I get started?
- Athletes, Unified Partners and coaches need to complete two forms related to COVID:
- COVID-19 Waiver
- COVID-19 Code of Conduct
- Those who participated in Phase 1 have already met this requirement.
- Both of these forms are on our website at sosc.org/rta.
- Athletes with an expired medical must renew their medicals prior to attending their first practice. Forms are on our website at sosc.org/athleteforms.
- Volunteers and Unified Partners must have current Class A clearances. Learn more about volunteering at sosc.org/volunteer.
- All participants must complete COVID-19 related training to understand the required health and safety protocols so that everyone stays healthy. Those who participated in Phase 1 have already met this requirement.
For more information
Please visit the Return to Activity website at www.sosc.org/rta.
What if I do not have access to a computer or I need help?
Please call 562.502.1103 to leave a message if you need assistance or to request that we send you the Return to Activity materials by mail. You can also contact your local SOSC office for assistance. We will respond to your inquiry within two business days.