SOSC is excited to announce its inaugural season of Floorball!
This is a new sport for SOSC and one we are excited to offer for the first time to replace Floor Hockey, which is unfortunately being phased out of Special Olympic competition. We will be sharing more information about Floorball in the coming weeks and months, but for now, we have some important dates and information to share with all of you to get you started with planning for the upcoming season.
- Floorball Season Registration: Monday, November 14 through Friday, December 2, 2022 (registration will be accepted after December 2, but it may impact competition eligibility)
- Floorball Season Dates: Saturday, December 3, 2022 through Saturday, February 25, 2023.
- No training on December 24 or 31
- Floorball Local & County Competition Begins: as early as Saturday, January 28, 2023 (more information to come, as facilities are confirmed)
- SOSC will offer both Skills Competition (new to SOSC) and Traditional (divisioned) Competition
- Floorball Chapter Event: Late February/Early March, 2023 to be determined.
- Coaches Education: Offering at least two coaches training opportunities between November 1 and December 3, 2022 (more information to come, as we confirm with the trainers)
- All Head Coaches will be required to attend one of the two trainings and all other coaches are strongly encouraged to attend.
- All volunteers are welcome to attend whether you have a team this season or not.
Please contact your local community office for more information and with any questions.